2017-2018 College Catalog 
    May 12, 2021  
2017-2018 College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Graduation Requirements

Responsibility for filing a Petition for Graduation in the Office of Admissions and Records rests with the student, and all transcripts for all prior college work attempted must be on file for the petition to be considered. The deadline to file a Petition for Graduation is March 1 for spring graduation, July 1 for summer graduation, and November 1 for fall graduation.

Associate Degrees for Transfer

California Community Colleges are now offering associate degrees for transfer to the CSU. These may include Associate in Arts (AA-T) or Associate in Science (AS-T) degrees. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree. California Community College students who are awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or campuses.

To complete the associate degree for transfer, students must complete:

  1. A minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units;
  2. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework (While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.);
  3. A minimum of 18 semester units in an “AA-T” or “AS-T” major. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better or a “P” (pass) designation may be used instead of a letter grade, but not all transfer institutions will accept courses with a “P”; and
  4. Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.

Students who have been awarded an AA-T or AS-T are able to complete their remaining requirements for the 120-unit baccalaureate degree within 60 semester or 90 quarter units.

To view the most current list of Saddleback College Associate Degrees for Transfer and to find out which CSU campuses accept each degree, please go to http://adegreewithaguarantee.coaspxm/Contact. Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs.