The Webmaster program prepares the student to build and administer a website and set up and maintain its web server. Students learn the technical aspect of server-level concerns of web construction and management to efficiently run websites in business and government organizations or for individuals. Topics include networking, security, web development, and database administration.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program will be able to:
1. Demonstrate key skills for employment in the area of webmaster.
2. Demonstrate comprehensive, broad range computer competencies targeting a diverse and multicultural workforce.
3. Complete technically current and challenging ongoing education.
4. Apply skills in a broad range of media appropriate for a diverse population of technical students.
5. Use job skills in technical professional business environments.
*Course has a prerequisite, corequisite, limitation, or recommended preparation; see course description.
‡Final course to be taken
Associate of Science Degree
Complete a minimum of 60 units including the total number of units described above and the General Education requirements with an overall GPA of 2.0 to qualify for the Associate of Science degree. A minimum of12 units must be completed at Saddleback College.
General Education Requirements for Associate Degrees
Refer to the Graduation Requirements or to the CSU-GE and IGETC patterns in this catalog for specific courses which meet general education requirements. Refer to ASSIST.org and to the transfer institution’s catalog for transfer requirements.