2021-2022 Spring Edition 
    Jul 15, 2024  
2021-2022 Spring Edition [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Graduation Requirements

Associate Degree for Transfer

The Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act (Senate Bill 1440, now codified in California Education Code sections 66746-66749) guarantees admission to a California State University (CSU) campus for any community college student who completes an “associate degree for transfer”, a newly established variation of the associate degrees traditionally offered at a California community college. The Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or the Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing these degrees (AA-T or AS-T) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students transferring to a CSU campus that does accept the AA-T or AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree.

To view the most current list of Saddleback College Associate Degrees for Transfer and to find out which CSU campuses accept each degree, please go to http://www.adegreewithaguarantee.com/en-us/abouttheprogram/findyourpath.aspx or www.saddleback.edu/articulation.  This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs.

To complete the Associate Degree for Transfer, students must complete:

  1. A minimum of 60 transferable semester units. Courses numbered 1-199 at Saddleback are applicable towards the AA-T and AS-T degrees;
    1. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in all transferable coursework (While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.);
    2. A minimum of 18 semester units in an AA-T or AS-T major. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better or a “P” (pass) designation.  Note:  A letter grade is preferred by transfer institutions; and
  2. Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern. The CSU GE and IGETC patterns are available at https://www.saddleback.edu/articulation/IGETCCSU-Degree-Resources